No Prerequisites to enroll in our courses !
"Instructor narrated E-Learning Modules that include topic specific MP4 Instructional Videos."
Online USCG Boat Captain License
This Online Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV) License, commonly referred to as a 6-Pack License or Captains License, an uninspected passenger vessel is a vessel of less than 100 GRT (about 65 feet) carrying six or fewer passenger for hire. With the OUPV the total number of passengers is limited to six or fewer. Note: non U.S. citizens may be restricted to undocumented vessels with a 5 net ton limit. Typically, an OUPV Credential is used in the context of small-scale fishing boats, SCUBA boats, whale-watching, fishing Guides and to meet the requirements for Marine Law Enforcement and Marine Interdiction Agent positions with Homeland Security.
USCG Prerequisites to obtain an OUPV Credential, 360 days' experience on Inland or Near Coastal waters is required.
Sea Service Requirements:
- Sea Service/Experience can be counted on your own vessel. A Sea Service form and proof of ownership are required. Experience on other persons' vessels can also be counted however; a Sea Service form filled out and signed by the owner must accompany the application verifying experience claimed and vessel details.
- 90 days in the past 3 years on any waters and vessels.
- Near Coastal - 360 days in the operation of vessels, 90 days of sea service must be on Ocean, Near Coastal or Great Lakes waters.
- Great Lakes - 360 days of service, 90 days of sea service must be operating vessels on Great Lakes waters.
Note: you have up to one full year to meet the above USCG sea service prerequisites and submit your packet to the USCG after completing this course.
Depending on Sea Service experience, this course will qualify the student in one of two formats:
- OUPV Inland License (Including Great Lakes, Inland Lakes and Streams) requires the minimum of 360 on water days of experience in the operation of vessels. This on water time may be counted from your 15th birthday. At least 90 of the 360 days must have occurred in the last three years. This license is good on vessels up to 100 gross tons. Captains carrying this license are restricted in the operation of vessels to within the Boundary Lines. The term ""Inland Waters"" refers to those waters shoreward of the boundary line. This license can be upgraded to an OUPV Near Coastal License once you have gained the 90 days experience outside the Boundary Lines.
- OUPV Near Coastal License This Online OUPV 6 Pack License Course is good on vessels up to 100 gross tons and out to 100 nautical miles. The OUPV Near Coastal License may also be obtained with a minimum of 360 days of documented Sea Service. A minimum of 90 days of this experience must be obtained on Near Coastal Waters. At least 90 of these days must be within the last three years.
Upon successful completion of Atlantis Maritime Academy's online OUPV course, the student studies our USCG approved materials and takes our proctored final examinations at one of our approved test sites. Once the student passes exam, he or she will receive an Atlantis Maritime Academy official certificate recognized by the United States Coast Guard.
Simply, submit the official certificcate of completion within one year, along with your application package and applicable fees to the USCG Regional Exam Center. Upon their approval of your package, they will send you your original License.
Our Online OUPV 6 Pack License Course contains MP4 Videos, Narrated Presentations, Interactive exercises, quizzes, tests, videos, AMA's USCG approved Study Guide and reference materials.Each of our Captain License courses will provide the student everything they need to complete all our courses successfully.
Student tuition includes the following--
- Each student has 24/7 course access.
- (3) Three Actual NOAA Full-Size Training Charts.
- New Weems & Plath Navigation Set. All the basics for charting and navigation functions.
- 6" Matte Nickel Fixed Point Divider Item # 262
- 12" Aluminum Arms Parallel Rulers Item # 140
- Nautical Slide Rule Item # 105 ( New)
- Course Study Guides and reference materials.
- All USCG application forms with advice/instructions to complete and submit.
- Proctored examination at one of many USCG approved test locations.
- Official Certificates of Completion recognized by the USCG. (Valid for One Year after issuance)
- No Hidden or extra fees/costs..!
- Course materials shipped directly to you within 48 Hours.
Our course includes all materials/information you will need to pass our each course includes all materials/information you will need to pass our USCG approved final proctored test successfully.
Some course features we've added to make your online experience easier---
- Screen sharing lets you show your computer screen or view instructors screen for assistance on Skype for free.
- Simple Enrollment: ( Steps To enroll ) Immediately after payment either by credit card or personal check the confirmation page will provide you course access information with a link to the course log in screen. Follow the prompts given to each new student during check-out and begin taking the course. Just That Simple!
- Note: course options listed below relate to online requirements only. The USCG allows each student one year to complete the application process. The one year clock starts the day listed on your official certificate(s) provided from Atlantis Maritime Academy, Inc. This means that you do not have to complete Proctored Testing,TWIC card, Drug Test, Physical, etc. until after completing the online course successfully.
Our Standard Course Option:
- The student that chose this option is expected to complete all online course modules successfully within the 90 day option limit. Each graduating student has sixty days after completing online modules to schedule and complete all final proctored test requirements.
- "Can I complete online course and test earlier than 90 day option limit?" Yes, most students that choose this option are at the expert level on a 30 day or less tight schedule.
Our Extended Course Option:
- The student that chooses this option is expected to complete all online course modules successfully within the 180 day option limit. Each graduating student has sixty days after completing online modules to schedule and complete all final proctored test requirements.
- This option is attractive to the novice student that will need more instructor (SME) inter-action and basic technical support, new to the subject matter and E-Learning. The active mariner, active military, college student or professionals with demanding work/travel schedules should consider this option.
Note: 100 Ton Upgrade, Towing, Sailing endorsement each student has 30 additional days to complete after completing Six pack courses successfully. Students will be allowed to test for all courses at the same time.
- Standard Option (90 Days)
- Extended Option (180 Days)
- 100 Ton Master Upgrade (90 or 180 Days + 30 Days)
- Towing Endorsement (90 or 180 Days + 30 Days)
- Sail Endorsement (90 or 180 Days + 30 Days)
- USB Flash Drives ( course modules)
Proctored Final Test Dates:
- Testing for most of our approved locations is from Monday-Friday 9am-530pm and some locations offer saturday testing. Current passport or Photo ID is required and must be presented with your course completion certificate to be allowed to set for proctored examination..
|Module Name||Number of Questions||Passing Score|
|Rules of the Road: Inland and International||50||90%|
|Navigation General: Near Coastal||50||70%|
|Navigation Problems: Chart Plot||10||90%|
Steps To Enroll:
- Step One: Choose one of the many test sites where you plan to take the final proctored examination. Note: we have had several students living in Colorado, Ohio etc. and registered to take the exam in Florida, no problem this is common.
- Step Two: Pay Tuition using our secure shopping cart. (Authorized. Net).
- Once payment is processed, immediately you will be directed to a confirmation screen that contains instructions and link for you to joined the course and begin.
- After you follow link in confirmation page, you will see a welcome screen. It is important to sign-in as a new user. Once again, sign-in as a new user.
- Step Three: Begin Course! It is just that simple.
You supplies will be mailed out the following Saturday of your enrollment via USPS
Note: We are currently updating test locations. If you do not see a location near you (50 mi.) email or give us a call.
"No additional or hidden test fees"